Thursday, May 15, 2008

Technology: Friend or Foe


Technology is my best friend. I have a PDA that holds my contact information, appointments, and other important information at my fingertip. I can browse the Internet, download things, and it has a voice recorder. And it can only be accessed with my fingerprint. My cell phone has some of that information and it can take pictures or short videos. Laptops are the best because it's mobile and it sure did come in handy while attending college.

Technology is my worst enemy. I have to constantly charge and sync my PDA. God forbid if the battery is dead and I can't retrieve any data. My cell phone is hooked to my waist all day and night until I go to bed. Then it is on my nightstand on a cell phone stand. There are 4 laptops at home that needs to updated with the latest and greatest of you name it, and it must get done.

Whatever you use technology for, whether for business or pleasure or both, always remember to have a backup and save and save. You never know when the lights will go out and you can't retrieve any information. Or you can just move to a remote location where there's no TV, phone, Internet, or newspapers. I would love to go to such a place even if it's only a dream.

No comments: